QUICKIE Newborn Hat Pattern
With 100% Cotton yarn and an "F" hook,
1. Chain enough stitches to equal the circumference of a baby head, newborn is about 12 inches. (that's 40 stitches the way I crochet. I'm a bit of a loose hooker :)
2. Join the chain in a round, careful not to twist, and join with a slst
3. HDC in continuous rounds until it's about 4 tall.
4. finish by sk 1 stitch at end of round and slst.
5. sc around 1 round.
6. IF you want ear flaps, they are 7 stitches wide, start with a ch2 then do 6 DC , 3 rows of DC and then sc around the whole hat.
Easy, peasy, adorable!