Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Newborn Bearded Beanie (big ones too!)




The new rage is the bearded beanies. I thought they were ridiculous. I didn't think anyone actually WORE one. Ooops

My friend is having a baby and asked me to make one these for her, I said they were ridiculous but then said I'd make one for the baby! hahaha I sat here and made up a quickie beanie, in dc and made up a beard with bobbles. 

I WILL be putting the pattern here, I may charge a dollar or two, just to cover my time and the obvious therapy I will need. Maybe not, I'll decide when I get it done.

I don't have a doll of appropriate size so I am using my son's "Steve" doll from the early days of Blue's Clues, he's sitting here looking at me and I don't think I'll be able to wait for my friend to have her baby, I may have to sell this one or just start making and selling them so I can see these on real babies, I'm absolutely delighted with how it turned out. 

Give me a day to get this pattern written out and up. 

In the mean time, look at this silliness: 

If you're into just giving it a go without direction, I used:

G 4.25MM crochet hook
HAT: "I Love This Yarn" the hat is #201 Greybeard
BEARD: "I Love This Yarn" #150 Toasted Almond



 


 


Silliness.  Absolute.

/tracy

Yeah, I made big ones too...  hysterical 

 


  

1 comment: