Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

t-shirt yarn

I purged my closet and as a result came up with a monstrous pile of tee shirts that no longer fit, are stained, ugly or stretched to some fantastical shape that no one can wear.

I took them into my sewing room and started slicing!  Cut off the ribbing, top and bottom and slice the tee across at the armholes.  If you make a 1 inch diagonal cut to start the "yarn" you can make a continuous cut about 1 inch wide across the rest of the shirt.  Connect as many shirts as you have with an easy slip knot and wind them into giant balls.

I'm going to make a rug (crochet) and some kitchen dishcloths (knit)  I'll post the "patterns" here but just wanted to let you know what July's project is!

/tracy

2 comments:

  1. Great use of tee-shirts! Can't wait to see what you do with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stoked and cutting, cutting, cutting ;) helps my creative juices flowwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete