Search This Blog

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Lilttle Christmas Gnome (dudes)

I have to apologize for wandering off and sewing and knitting like a crazy woman recently, fear not though, I'm back!

I had some time to kill during a Skype session with a dear friend in the frozen wasteland and saw a cork across the table. The cork belonged to a bottle of Chilean red that I was enjoying as my after dinner "it's almost Christmas, I think I'm done and think it might be time to just enjoy for once" drink. I remembered a knit pattern I'd seen for little elfin Christmas gnomes and thought to myself, "heyyyy, if the knitters can do it, WE can do it!"

Viola! Enjoy my little dudes:


They are wine corks. They are 4ply worsted and an E 3.5mm hook. The little coat is made with a magic circle,
sc 6 in the center,
dc in each sc to 12sc,
do a row in the back loop only
do 2-3 rows sc in each stitch.
Finish and put it on your little cork gnome. You can make the coat longer of course.

The hat is made by a ch12, join to make a round then sc in each sc around for a couple of rows then begin to decrease a few each row until the hat is long enough.

Attach ribbons, bows, bells, glitter, buttons, whatever your heart desires.

They can be ornaments, decorations or just little dudes who smile at you when you've had a bad day. They will love you always. Crocheted Christmas gnomes are for always.

Make an army of them to protect you and send me some pictures!!

/enjoy!

ADDENDUM: Ok, I've been Gnoming again and here's the link: there's Easter Gnomes and my new favorite St. Patricks day Gnome. I'm making more as I type this:

No comments:

Post a Comment