Search This Blog

Thursday, June 17, 2010

The new Slouchy Hat

The Loopers! kids are madly crocheting hats for the cancer society and I'm so proud of all of them.

Here is another version if you want to make a different 'style' other than the straight beanie version I know many are making as the "chemo cap". I made a few of the caps already then thought I'd mix it up and add this hat to the mix.

Connor likes to wear "slouchy" hats, not too slouchy and not too short. I like to make them so it's a perfect combination. I worked a new pattern that lessens the point which you get when you slouch the regular beanie.

This is made with Love This Yarn, Blue Camo. I used a "I" hook. Any soft "medium 4 worsted" will do. Cotton is also a good choice for added softness. Cotton does loosen considerably and shorten when washed so factor that into any hat you're making.

Connor's Slouchy Hat Pattern

Magic circle and sc 5 in the loop
(OR you can ch 3, slst in first loop and then do 5sc in the center) (5)

ROW 2: 2hdc in each stitch (10)

ROW 3: 2hdc in each stitch (20)

ROW 3: 2hdc in each stitch (40)

ROW 4: hdc in each stitch (40)

ROW 5: hdc in first stitch then *hdc in each of next 2 stitches then 2hdc in next* repeat around hat (53)

ROW 5-25: hdc in each stitch

finish by sk st, slst in next, pull yarn through and weave in ends.

It's a quick, easy cap. It's slouchy and can be made longer for a bigger slouch but for us, this works just fine.

Let me see when you make one, I'm waiting!!

/tracy

1 comment:

  1. I like the slouchy hat pattern I plan to make 20

    ReplyDelete